12.07.2011

Thanksgiving Day

A few months ago, I thought it would be fun to run a 5K on Thanksgiving. I started looking into them and they are expensive! So I decided to plan one for our family. Laura was my planning buddy. It was so fun to make invitations, race bibs, and awards. I was really glad that most family members participated, and they were all excited about it, too!

Photobucket

Alex didn't know what was going on and he was chasing after me. It was so sad. My goal was to run the entire 5K so I picked him up and ran with him for half a lap. That was rough.

Photobucket

Crossing the finish line!


Keaton showed off his awesome race bib for us.
Holly and her family were on a walk to the track. It was so fun to see her, even though I was tired and smelly.

Photobucket

The boys were really competitive. Stuart killed everyone, but Sam lead a group of boys behind Stuart. With 1/4 of a lap left, Jacob and Flannel started sprinting and beat him.
Sydney and Laura ran together for a long time. Syd ended up winning, Laura took second, and Tori took third. I was fourth. I was also the last girl (in my defense, all of the other girls quit). I was two laps behind everyone else. I did run the entire time. It took me 35 minutes. I am really proud of myself since I am pretty sure I had shin splints.

Photobucket

Hanging out and waiting for dinner!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before dinner, we gave out some awards. Sam won Most Intimidating. Seriously, everyone was so worried about Sam. Jacob and Flannel teamed up against him. I won Most Determined. It was embarrassing to run the last two laps alone. But I really wanted to finish. Alex won the award for taking the Most Steps. Edison won the award for being the Most Sleepy.

Photobucket

Finally time to eat!

Photobucket

We ate at 1pm which is the time Alex usually goes down for a nap. He was eating his roll and was kind of zoning out. Then we looked over, and he was asleep. But he was still dipping his fingers in his mashed potatoes and moving them to his mouth.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My parents' driveway was a parking lot.

Photobucket

Some people played outside after dinner. I was trying to fight off a nap. Many people lost that battle though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Phase 10 with six people takes way too long!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


4 comments:

Janelle said...

The picture of Alex accepting his award makes him seem so grown up, but the one where he is playing in the dirt - immediately followed by the ones in the bathtub - takes him back to being young again.

The Macks said...

Ah, you made me cry when you said you wished we lived closer. Me too.

Spencer and Anna said...

I love that you created a 5k for your family. That's awesome. :) Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Denham Family said...

I just love your blog! What a great idea to do a family 5k! I'm going to copy you for next year! I miss your gorgeous face!!!

Blog Archive