5.09.2012

My Growing Boy

Alex is getting so big. He is saying the most insane things. I feel like I have to write down something he says every single day so I can remember to tell Sam. Alex is my entertainment. There are so many things to say and record, I can't keep up with everything. I want to remember everything he is doing right now.

-One day at lunch, he said, "I'm making pizza dough" and then chucked his sandwich in the air.
-If he is cold in the car, he won't just say that he is cold. He will say that his pants are cold or his shirt is cold.
-He really likes telling us what we can or cannot do, in his mind. No singing, no peekaboo, no picking up Edison, etc.
-He says he needs something.
-He calls the sun a "Big daddy moon."
-When counting, he says, "13" over and over.
-He tilts his head back while wearing sunglasses. Multipurpose: He looks really cool and his glasses stay on.
-I will occasionally find bugs in the toilet. Daddy taught him how to do it. So now Alex will pick up bugs and throw them in the toilet. Size is no obstacle.
-He loves playing Hide and Seek but if I take too long to find him, he will finally just say, "Is he under the couch? Yes!"
-He is very afraid of the Cookie Monster. We told him that if he doesn't have any cookies in bed then the cookie monster won't bother him. One night, I could hear Sam over the baby monitor growling, "Hey all you cookies get outta here!" Every night before bed, Alex has to lie down on his floor, peek under his bed, and say, "You get out of here you Cookie Monster, you mister!"
-If we call him Buddy, he says, "I not Buddy! I Alex!"
-I was driving his trains around and he said, "Stop driving like a crazy person!"
-He always wants to see his or Edison's poops after diaper changes.
-One day I asked him, "Who's poopy?" I knew he was poopy. His response was, "Umm, not Edison."
-I said, "Should we get you dressed, Alex?" He responded, "I want to get naked!"
-He says, "This kid driving me." I think he means "This kid is driving me crazy." Maybe I say that too much?
-Sam said, "Are you poopy?" He responded, "Yes my are!" instead of "Yes, I am!"
-He always says he needs a tickle wipe. It means he wants a wipe and then he uses it to tickle his face. So strange.
-Alex was asking Edison, "Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Nugget?"
-At lunch he was playing with his strawberries and said, "Oh no! Don't eat me, Alex!"
-We were making pumpkin pie and he wanted me to stay in the kitchen to finish making it. I told him that we were going to go play while it was baking but he wouldn't accept that. He said, "Get out my way! I'm playing. Stay in kitchen! Make recipe!!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alex likes us to hold him down while we brush his teeth. He actually asks for us to do this! If he won't open his mouth, we have to plug his nose though.

Photobucket

Seeing Alex read scriptures makes me so happy. He really likes reading Sam's Chinese dictionary, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He has grown up so fast, he already has to shave.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He loves being outside. It makes our days go so much better if he gets to play outside for a few hours.

Photobucket

He has to bring in the garbage can now. All by himself. He is so grown up!

Photobucket

Sometimes our neighbor's grand kids bring over their dog and Alex watches it through the fence.

Photobucket

We aren't pushing potty training yet, but we let him go when he tells us he needs to.

Photobucket

Seeing Alex and Edison happily playing together brings me so much joy!

Photobucket











4 comments:

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

He is so handsome! And he's looking more and more like a grown-up boy, and not so much like a toddler! It's so amazing how fast our babies grow...and sad. And happy. But mostly amazing. You are a great momma!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I like the big daddy moon. That is awesome. Like his shirt.

You are very good at documenting your day with the boys so frequently. Way to always have the camera.

Laura said...

My absolute favorite is the picture of Alex on top of the car with Edison in it and they are looking at eachother. TOO CUTE!!!

Holly Decker said...

what fabulous parents y'all are. but i think i have said that before, right? i am thinking he will put the boom shakalakah in his wedding video for SURE.

Blog Archive