5.06.2012

Parties for Barbara

(I cannot believe how bad these pictures turned out. I guess that's what I get for using my phone.)

Barbara and I served together in the Young Women Presidency. It was so fun to celebrate her impending marriage and then party once she was married!

The theme for the bridal shower was Knotted in Love. I made 40 soft pretzels. They were delicious.

Photobucket

Barbara had to answer questions and if she got them wrong, she had to put a marshmallow in her mouth. To avoid putting them in, she started throwing them at Melanie.

Photobucket

Her bachelorette party was crazy. I went home just before midnight and then learned the next morning that the rest of them had stayed until 3am. Yikes.

Photobucket

Sam and I had a babysitter lined up and it was supposed to be a date night but we ended up canceling the babysitter because the boys were too sick. I was exhausted by the time I got to the reception. We had been up early because we had a garage sale and I was sick, too. But it was still fun, the food was delicious, and the dancing was hilarious. It was a good night, I just wish my date had been with me.

Photobucket

These ladies were supposed to bring things for decorating the car but they forgot so their husbands went and bought things at the gas station. Then they all chugged Dr. Pepper so they could have empty cans to tie onto the car.

Photobucket

Ben was watching Barbara and her dad dance. It made me cry because it was so cute.

Photobucket

It was so windy. We tied a kite to the top of the car and it actually flew while they drove off! I was impressed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now they have moved to Canada. They are definitely missed but I am so happy they met each other and are happy together!

No comments:

Blog Archive