7.30.2012

Splash Pad and Canoeing

Alex and Edison were so happy to play with their cousins' toys! They were all new to them.

Photobucket

That morning, Gramma and Papa Neil came over to visit and to see Michelle's house. It was fun to see them in Utah, since that hasn't happened for a few years. I am so glad they were able to make the trip up for Carlee's wedding.

Photobucket

We took the boys to play in the basement. They have a trampoline in their basement. So awesome.

Photobucket

My Papa is so good looking. He is a stunner.

Photobucket

We went to Michelle's neighborhood splash pad and when we walked in, the kid working there told us that because we were guests, it would be $2. I took Edison and Everett and walked all the way back to Michelle's house to get money. Instead of grabbing my whole wallet, I just grabbed $2. When I got back to the pool, he informed me that it was $2 each. I was so mad. I wasn't very nice and he ended up letting us stay because of our misunderstanding. We didn't even stay very long so $4 would have been a total ripoff.

Photobucket

That night, Michelle made amazing pizza and I ate four slices. After we put down the boys, we left to wash Michelle's minivan and go grocery shopping. At the grocery store, Michelle said one of the ditziest things I have ever heard her say, and it was hilarious.

Photobucket

Keaton, Everett, Alex, and Edison. I cannot believe how big Everett is here. He was only seven months old!

Photobucket

All of the boys play together very well. It was so cute to hear Alex talk to Keaton. They totally understand each other. Their matchy outfits were not planned.

Photobucket

I love this picture. The fact that Alex went and sat there without being posed is the cutest. He just sat down and grabbed Everett's foot and then Everett rested his head.

Photobucket

We went canoeing at Oquirrh Lake by Michelle's house. A resident of Daybreak has to be on the canoe at all times so I wasn't planning to go. I walked around with Edison and Everett.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Everett hated the walk and was screaming. Edison played with Everett's toes to try to entertain him but then they both gave into the tears.

Photobucket

Michelle pulled over to comfort Everett and the boys took a juice break.

Photobucket

Everett just wanted his mom so I got to go in the canoe! It was very fun and made me realize how weak I am.

Photobucket

We had to trade back since I wasn't allowed to be in the canoe without Michelle. Once we got back to shore, the canoe rental guy helped walk the boys up the ramp. Then Alex decided he could do it himself. But it was really slippery so of course he fell in the water. Then he got to walk all the way home in his soaking wet clothes but he didn't seem to mind because it was so hot that day.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Holly Decker said...

you and your perfect pictures!
so glad you got together with Michelle... looks wonderfully fun.
and seriously? did you have to go and be super mom with canoeing with two kids? young mother of the year goes to you.

ps. i just learned how to spell the word canoeing. pretty crazy stuff if you ask me.

Blog Archive