8.07.2012

BYU and Goodbye

Edison had made it 24 hours without throwing up so I was excited to give him something besides clear liquids. I nursed him and then he threw up. So it was another day of clear liquids ahead.

We walked around BYU campus for four hours. I had a hard time remembering all of the names of the buildings. I graduated only three years ago but my brain hasn't had to recall those things for a long time. I have also had two kids since then and it is public knowledge that fetuses feed on their mother's brain.

Photobucket

We walked around the SWKT and went up to the Psychology department and looked out the window by where I did my capstone project.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also walked around the basement of the JFSB where I took multiple psych, sociology, cooking, comparative literature, and ASL interpreting classes.

Photobucket

We met the family at the CougarEat for lunch.

Photobucket

Then we walked around more. We walked over these grates that had giant holes under them and it was freaky.

Photobucket

Alex had to get a drink at every drinking fountain we walked by.

Photobucket

Alex and Keaton went bonkers when he saw the dinosaurs at the Eyring Science Center. We played in there for quite a while.

Photobucket

We saw where Michelle spent most of her time in the Crabtree and Clyde.

Photobucket

We went to the HFAC and listening to a cellist practice on one of the stages. This is also where we lost Alex because he got back on an elevator after we got off and then he pushed a button so it took him to a different floor.

Then we went and got Icees and headed to The Mesa. It was weird to have two kids running around where I lived for two years. My parents own the house and had to fix up a few things but I didn't stay very long. The house still smells the same though. But now boys live there so it is masked a little more than it used to be.

Photobucket

Alex took a nap when we got home and he didn't wake up until 7pm. At dinner I gave Edison a few tiny bites and he was chewing on an apple slice. Then he threw up that, too. Alex wasn't ready for bed yet so he and Edison wrestled for a little. I took this to mean that Edison was feeling better.

The next day, Edison threw up in the morning. As did Keaton. And Sheldon came home from work sick. We spent a lot of time sleeping that day. During naptime, I went to pick up an anti-nausea prescription for Edison. After dinner, Michelle and I went to her book club. I have missed book club. I had even read the book they were discussing.

Photobucket

Edison seemed to be feeling a lot better by that night, but I had been fooled before! I did notice Alex had a fever though and was worried.

Alex woke up that night gagging. I gave him some of Edison's medicine and Alex was able to make it without throwing up.

On our last day, we walked to a playground by Michelle's house.

Photobucket

Alex and Keaton were walking across the road without holding our hands. Michelle and I yelled at them to get out of the road because they needed to hold hands, and then we realized they were holding hands! With each other. They looked at us like we were crazy because we were yelling even though they were following the rules. From then on, we had to specify to hold hands with an adult.

Photobucket

We didn't play at the park for very long because the boys were tired and it was freezing cold.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ate lunch at Michelle's and then got on the road. We left at 2:20pm. On my way out of town, I had to stop in Provo and pick up tires from Flannel to take to my dad. Flannel showed up wearing this. Ukraine did strange things to that boy.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Whitni Watkins said...

Flannel looks like a soccer player...not strange. I would have worn the same thing....well actually I do where similar outfits.

Janelle said...

Nathanael is the fashionista of the family. He makes everything look good.

Blog Archive