9.01.2012

Chokecherry Festival

We heard about something called the Chokecherry Festival. I had never heard of chokecherry before so we researched it and learned that the chokecherry is the official fruit of North Dakota. Sounded good to me, so off we went.

Photobucket

The first night of the festival had free burgers for dinner and ice cream with chokecherry syrup for dessert. Chokecherry is pretty good. I even bought a bottle of it at a farmers' market the next week.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The boys weren't really interested in dinner. They just wanted to play at the playground. So that is what we did. It is crazy how much these boys are growing up. I was getting nervous with the giant slides and climbing but they both loved it. I guess I need to accept that they are getting better at things.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The next morning we went back for free pancakes with chokecherry syrup.

Photobucket

They also had tons of activities for the kids. Every time we go back to this park, Alex asks to play in the sand box. Too bad it isn't there anymore.

Photobucket

They had a dunk tank but it was cold and windy so I couldn't convince anyone to get dunked.

Photobucket

The festival had the perfect of number of people attending. It was beautiful. I guess that is a good thing about living in such a small town. It is big enough to have activities like this, but small enough that no one comes.

No comments:

Blog Archive