10.19.2012

Children's Museum, Lake Michigan, and Big Bellies

The forecast said it would be a cold and rainy day so we headed to the children's museum. It was really fun! There were a lot of different things to do. All of the kids especially loved working on the cars though.

Photobucket

Grocery shopping is so fun!

Photobucket

When I saw the sand, my first reaction was NOOOO! But Alex was already in it so I just let him play. He didn't get too messy. It helps that it was dry sand.

Photobucket

We got there kind of late so we could only stay for a couple of hours before we had to leave because the kids were ready for lunch.

Photobucket

On the drive to the children's museum, I was following behind Kristen's car. I noticed that it smelled like something was burning. When we parked, she said he car was making a strange noise and I told her about the burning belt smell. She took her car into the shop that afternoon but that meant we were stuck at the house for the rest of the day. It was really rainy but the kids were going crazy stuck inside so we went on a walk. It was so cold!

Photobucket

Of course Alex had to jump in all of the puddles on the walk. We went back inside to warm them up and then Kristen made hot chocolate (from scratch, because she is amazing) while the kids watched a movie.

Photobucket

The next morning, we went to the lakefront to fly kites and ride bikes. But the bike rental places were closed and their kite was still in the trunk of their car that was in the shop. So we just went on a walk where we got swarmed by bees. It was amazing that no one was stung because they were everywhere! It was such a beautiful day. The weather was perfect.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Alex got tired of walking but he didn't want to sit on the stroller. He was trying to get me to carry him. Not happening. So he decided to sit down and take a break.

Photobucket

We went to this awesome spice shop called Penzeys. It smelled amazing in there but it was a lot of strange combinations. In one of my cooking classes at BYU, the teacher passed around spices that were covered with cloth so we couldn't see them. We had to write down what we thought they were just based on scent. I was horrible at that. I think I got two right, so it was nice to see the names of all of the crazy things I was smelling.

Photobucket

After naptime, we headed out to go on a tour of Sprecher Brewery. The kids did not love the tour. They were crazy and asking for snacks the whole time. At the end of the tour, they gave us glasses and we got to sample the different soda flavors. The rootbeer is amazing. I drank so much that I thought I was going to explode. I bought twelve bottles of different flavors to bring home but we only have one left! So sad!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stayed at the brewery for too long and we got stuck in rush hour traffic for over an hour as we headed across town to pick up Nate from work. He works in a gigantic building and I wish I could have gone inside. It looked pretty awesome. We went to dinner at a dive. It was so small and I was letting the kids behavior correlate with the environment. They stressed out Nate so much though. I felt bad.

Photobucket

It took a while to get our food and by the time we headed home, it was already dark. We got lost going back to their house but the boys were fine with a car dance party. We all went straight to bed that night. It had been a long week!

3 comments:

Janelle said...

That children's museum looks like it was a ton of fun. Changing tires and filling the radiator, who'd'a thunk?

Geevz said...

I think I need to tour a brewery. And that children's museum looks super cool.

P.S. You are looking super trim. Good job on that.

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I love that you go visit friends AND do super fun things while you're there.

Also, Sprecher's root beer is pretty much life changing. lucky you.

Blog Archive