10.23.2012

Sayonara

Our time in Wisconsin ended unfortunately. They were headed to Chicago early in the morning so we got up, packed, loaded the car, ate breakfast, and said our goodbyes. We were on the road by 7:45am.

Photobucket

I had never been to Michigan and since we were only three hours away, I decided to drive there just to cross it off the list. Alex was putting his hands up to his eyes and saying, "Michigan, where are you?!" Visiting Michigan brings my state count up to 48. I am missing Hawaii and Alaska. Sam has been to 45 states. Alex has been to 37 states. Edison has been to 18 states.

Photobucket

We drove back to Wisconsin and stopped to throw rocks into the river.

Photobucket

The boys would have been happy doing this all day.

Photobucket

My original plan was to stop in Minneapolis for the night but we got there around 5pm and that seemed too early to stop driving so we continued four more hours to Fargo. The boys were tired and I had grabbed dinner on our way to the hotel so we were excited to get inside and eat it. We walked all the way to our room and I couldn't get the key to work. It was a card key with special instructions printed on the key. I followed those instructions and it still wasn't working. We walked all the way back to the front desk and the guy seemed very annoyed. Like I wasn't doing it right. He walked back with me to show me how it is done. Turns out, he gave me the wrong key. So he said that he would use his real metal key to unlock the door so we could wait inside our room while he went to get a new card key from the front desk. He stuck his key in the door, turned it, and his key broke off inside the door. I am a horrible person because it made me so happy. He had been all hoity-toity about me using the key card wrong. I actually laughed when it happened. We waited outside our room while he went to get the new key card for us. He let us into the room and then we had to go back to the car to get the rest of our stuff. It took over an hour from the time we first walked into the hotel until we closed our door for the last time that night.

Photobucket

Alex was having Canon withdrawals and I went through people withdrawals. I missed having a friend to talk to all the time. We did so many things each day and it was kind of hard to come back to Williston where there isn't very much anything to do. We ate the "continental breakfast" at the hotel the next morning which was really at the restaurant inside the hotel. It was odd.

Photobucket

After a nine day vacation, we got back to Williston at 3pm. I am so glad we went to visit the Sheranians. They are such good people and it is nice to be around such a selfless, loving family. It was a really fun week and I am glad we had that opportunity. We are lucky people who have some amazing friends who happen to live in a really pretty city. The 2,620 miles were totally worth it.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

hoity-toity. That's hilarious.

Blog Archive