11.10.2012

Can't {Won't} Live Without

This is an interesting topic. I have been surprised with myself and how far I am willing to stretch when I am put in a situation where I need to be flexible. I used to think I would never live somewhere that I couldn't wear flip flops every day. Utah was a rude awakening. I used to never worry about what I wore each day. It was just life to put on whatever I wanted. Now the weather changes everything and layering is so important.

There are a lot of things I physically cannot live without (oxygen, skin). There are more things I would rather not ever live without because it would break my heart (family, the gospel). But then there are those luxuries that just make my life easier. So many of those things are kitchen tools. I love cooking. I spend so much time cooking that every time saver helps. Kitchen tools I won't live without: kitchen scale, vegetable chopper, garlic press, sieves, and measuring cups/spoons. Edison threw my vegetable chopper across the kitchen the other day and broke the plastic latch so I may have to learn to live without it soon though.

Photobucket

Tonight's dinner was delectable. Edison had three servings. Making dinner was so much easier thanks to a very modern kitchen. The only thing I would change would be to make it a gas stove. And maybe have the entire kitchen be self-cleaning. Now that I wouldn't want to live without.

Photobucket

4 comments:

MeganandClaudy said...

Yum. That looks great. Recipe? I miss your Tuesday Thymes.

Andrea said...

um, yummy?!? my mouth is watering just looking at that picture!

Holly Decker said...

garlic press is a MUST. and mine just broke... which means i hate my life. i pray every day that i turn into a great cook like you one day. and i think Jeff prays for it too... ;)

Merkley Jiating said...

http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2009/03/skillet-chicken-with-broccoli-pasta-and-parmesan.html

Blog Archive