11.02.2012

Color

When I ask Alex his favorite color, amongst his list of silver and red and orange, he always says, "White." This morning, Alex looked out the window and said, "What is the snow doing here?!" I am trying really hard to not "poison the well" and so I just explained that it snows in the winter. He asked where the summer is and I said, "Texas."

I can't believe I am about to say this... I am a little glad it snowed. The days have seemed so dark. The snow makes it seem brighter. Both boys were fascinated when we walked outside this morning. Edison faceplanted in it and seemed less impressed after that.

I took this picture before the sun came up this morning. The snow helped cover up the industrial town. But the snow is more like brown slush when you get close to it and it reminds me that yes, this is Williston.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive