Dave and Marian's Visit to Williston

Just three days after Emily Sarah flew home, Dave and Marian drove into town. They got here on May 31st just before dinner. We ate dinner, played, put the boys to bed, then stayed up talking until midnight. That was a bad idea as I was feeling a little iffy that day.

I woke up the next morning thinking that I may be getting the flu which seemed weird because is it possible to get the flu in June? I went to a garden demonstration class at the church while everyone else played at the park.

 photo DaveMarian1_zpsa56ef03e.jpg

Later that day we went to the confluence of the Yellowstone and Missouri rivers. When we first got there, Sam found a coin on the road. That was the first coin he had found since I made the little fish killer give away all of his money. I think it became the happiest day of his life. Then Sam found a frog. Life: complete.

 photo DaveMarian4_zpsb4ba5ca1.jpg

During the drive to the confluence, I started feeling even worse. Chills, fever, headache, blech. I also had a very tender and sore breast. That was when I first started thinking that it might be mastitis.

 photo DaveMarian6_zpsdc3ba434.jpg

 photo DaveMarian5_zps150f85fc.jpg

 photo DaveMarian3_zps1b207139.jpg

After we finished looking at the exhibits in the Confluence Center, I went and slept in the truck while they walked around some more.

 photo DaveMarian2_zps0b44d561.jpg

I went to bed that night at 8pm and didn't wake up the next morning until 9am. I sent Sam to the grocery store to get the ingredients I would need for the next day. Because after 36 months of nursing, my body decided that the day before Declan's blessing and the weekend we had guests staying at our house would be a great time to fall apart. I felt better the next morning and we had a great day at church and spent the evening with friends (more on that at a later date).

Sam and his dad went on bike rides every morning. It was still really cold though. It was also ridiculously rainy. We've decided that if there is ever a drought in Williston, we just need to have family come to town and there will be rain for days.

 photo DaveMarian7_zps54c62613.jpg

Sam came home from work a little early and we went bowling. I really love bowling.

 photo DaveMarian8_zpsdc97e5ca.jpg

 photo DaveMarian9_zps63b5dc31.jpg

After bowling, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. It just barely opened in Williston and Sam was so happy.

 photo DaveMarian10_zpseb40cf91.jpg

Sam stayed home all day the next day. They wanted to go see Theodore Roosevelt National Park. I stayed home for my Relief Society presidency meeting, which got canceled about 30 minutes after they left. That was disappointing. But they said it was beautiful. It was kind of nice to have a quiet day at home with Declan.

 photo DaveMarian11_zpscecb90f3.jpg

 photo DaveMarian12_zpsf74e9053.jpg

As they were pulling into the garage, Edison started throwing up. He threw up several more times that day and night. I still wasn't feeling all better so that was not very awesome. I think I did more than 10 loads of laundry that day.

 photo DaveMarian13_zps5eecc68b.jpg

Dave and Marian got Alex and Edison a special gift before heading home. They both got to be Super! The capes make them run even faster.

 photo DaveMarian14_zpsead9bca6.jpg

I tried to take a picture of Edison being super but he was only being a super punk so then Declan got to be super.

 photo DaveMarian15_zps076235d9.jpg

We are so glad Dave and Marian could come see our home in Williston. I think they were very curious to see the place they had been hearing about for a year. And the party continued with even more visitors in the next month!

No comments:

Blog Archive