2.16.2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Valentine's Day celebrations started at the end of January. My friend Nikki hosted a ME (Make & Eat) Nite to make Valentine's Day garlands. I made a super cute one with pom poms but I apparently did not take a picture of it hanging up at home. Emily, always focused on the food, managed to take a picture of the adorable Italian cream soda bar. Priorities, people.

 photo Valentines1_zpsaf71d21f.jpg

Update: I found the pictures I took of the garland!

 photo Valentines14_zps8337b6c1.jpg

On February 2nd, I taught a lesson in Relief Society on love. That was my final time in Relief Society because I got released as First Counselor that morning and called as the Second Counselor in Primary. I was pretty devastated and cried for about eight hours that day. It took me a while to see the blessings but now I am so grateful to be in primary. I wish I had handled it more gracefully and mourned in private but it was a formative experience and that's what life is about.

 photo Valentines2_zps1cf8e030.jpg
My handout // An "I love you" from Laura (so incredibly thoughtful)

I was homeschooled so I don't know about how schools do Valentine's Day but apparently it is a thing to make a Valentine's box. I covered a box with red wrapping paper and hot glued some free-handed felt hearts onto the front in whatever place Alex pointed. When I dropped off Alex at school I realized that I had drastically underestimated the importance of the box. Some kids had ludicrously impressive boxes. So sorry, Alex. Good news is Alex didn't seem to care that he didn't have what the other kids had. I am always amazed with how happy he can be about something someone else has and not think about how much he would like it; I need to take a lesson from my son.

 photo Valentines3_zpsfcd060e1.jpg

I didn't want to hand out candy because there is already so much candy so I found an idea that didn't involve candy and then I copied it. It was a huge hit.

 photo Valentines4_zps8244a932.jpg

Edison was so happy that he got a valentine from Alex.

 photo Valentines5_zpsc8fbd4da.jpg

We went to the Williston Toddler Days Valentine's Day party. The kids did a cute craft and ate some yummy snacks.

 photo Valentines6_zps27d973aa.jpg

 photo Valentines7_zps159e7b08.jpg

 photo Valentines8_zps7e761867.jpg

 photo Valentines9_zps4dcb6ad7.jpg

 photo Valentines10_zps26430234.jpg

 photo Valentines11_zps57301a92.jpg

 photo Valentines12_zps59a1d261.jpg

Sam came home from work at lunch and we gave him the Valentine's from the boys. They drew him very cute pictures. The boys and I left for Utah that afternoon so we had to say bye to Sam. Sam and I had celebrated Valentine's Day by going on a hot date to the ward couples only Valentine's Day party. Good times.

 photo Valentines13_zps77b0b8b1.jpg

1 comment:

Olivia said...

Now that I've seen the Italian soda bar, I'm even sadder I missed that ME Nite... :(

Blog Archive