6.16.2014

Father's Day

 photo FathersDay1_zps95922303.jpg

Sam didn't get to sleep in on Father's Day because we had to get to church. The primary was singing Daddy's Homecoming in sacrament meeting and Alex belted it. Alex also filled out this little book for Sam. I designed them for all of the primary kids and I was proud of them but don't think anyone else cared.

 photo FathersDay6_zpsa5703b89.jpg

 photo FathersDay7_zps79501d03.jpg

He brought one home from preschool last month, too.

 photo FathersDay8_zps2b66e086.jpg

When we got home, the boys were so excited to give him the gifts they picked out for him. Alex is always saying that Sam loves candy. So they got him a lot of his favorite candies. And to continue our tradition, they picked out a game for him to play with them: Candy Land!

 photo FathersDay2_zpsc43c55cc.jpg

 photo FathersDay3_zps9edf6d6a.jpg

Declan freaked out when Alex and Edison tried to take the candy away from him.

 photo FathersDay4_zpsa479a63b.jpg

 photo FathersDay5_zpsef7b8d42.jpg

I got to group Skype with my dad, brothers, and sisters that night. It is so fun to talk to everyone together. I filled out a questionnaire for my dad, too. I am glad he laughed because I was giving him a little bit of a hard time. I made Sam a turkey for dinner that night and he thought it was delicious but I must like dry turkey. It was my first time making a turkey and I am not so terrified of doing it anymore! Maybe I won't ruin Thanksgiving one year! I am grateful that Sam is my baby daddy. He is an incredible dad who does more for our boys than we appreciate.

1 comment:

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

"...baby daddy."

Haha, I love it. :D

Blog Archive