Utah Before the Reunion

We were excited to head to Utah a few days before the reunion at Bear Lake and it worked out perfectly because it was Independence Day weekend. It was crazy to prepare to be gone from home for a month. We left on Thursday after Sam got home from work. We drove to Miles City and let the boys run around and got dinner.

 photo Before1_zps05ed08d8.jpg

 photo Before2_zps631a3995.jpg

I got a few gifts for them and they asked for another gift every few minutes. I made the mistake of letting them see all of the wrapped presents so they weren't surprised. They knew exactly how many they would be getting, or exactly how many they did not yet have and they wanted them right now now now. It was really irritating.

 photo Before3_zpsbaed0ef0.jpg

Then we drove to Billings to sleep for the night. We got there at 9pm local time. Edison turned on the heater in our hotel room and set off the smoke detector because it was burning dust. That was fun. Sam left to the gym and I read a book and then went to sleep.

The next morning was Independence Day. We were awake just after 6am and were on the road by 7:30am. Edison immediately started asking if we were almost there.

 photo Before4_zpse0c0ef83.jpg

After a long morning and afternoon of driving, we finally got to Layton at 4:30pm. Alex and Edison started hunting for bugs as soon as possible. It was last July that they were introduced to the idea of a bug jar and Grandma had a perfect jar saved for them this time.

 photo Before5_zpsfecaf2ff.jpg

 photo Before6_zpsd8378404.jpg

 photo Before7_zps80de59b1.jpg

 photo Before8_zpsd87ecc03.jpg

Their air conditioner was broken in the house so we played and ate dinner outside.

 photo Before9_zps2685232c.jpg

 photo Before10_zps13e47f4a.jpg

 photo Before11_zps1bd8b33b.jpg
Grandma is checking Edison's pulse, not strangling him.

 We played with sparklers and then went on the balcony to watch eleven firework shows. It was pretty cool. The boys got tired partway through and asked to go to bed.

 photo Before12_zps60be73de.jpg

 photo Before13_zpsf105729e.jpg

 photo Before14_zps3fe9b4c0.jpg

 We only had one opportunity to go to the temple this month and it was on July 5th. We woke up early and went to the 6:45am session. It was nice that we could let the boys sleep and only make the short drive to the Bountiful Temple. It was also great that Sam and I could attend a session at the same time. Total trip time: three hours!

 photo Before15_zpseb88297f.jpg

We hurriedly dressed the boys and then dropped them off at the Colton's house. The Coltons are our friends in Williston but Stephanie grew up with Sam in Layton. They happened to be in Utah for the 4th as well so it was perfect that the boys could play with their friends and we knew they were well taken care of. After they were dropped off, we headed back to the Bountiful Temple for Sam's cousin Hollie's wedding. I had met her once before and she is a total sweetheart. I met her husband in the sealing room; he is also really nice. The temple sealer was feeling very prophetic that day. He talked about their future callings in great detail. I was surprised he didn't name their kids for them. It was an incredibly special sealing.

 photo Before16_zps696c22e8.jpg

 photo Before17_zps206035c4.jpg

 photo Before18_zps4d07c862.jpg
Dave, Marian, Grandma Stephenson

After the sealing, we went Layton again to pick up the boys. Then we drove to the Lion House Pantry in Salt Lake City for the wedding luncheon.

 photo Before19_zps6cdbe445.jpg

 photo Before20_zpsc4dab7d6.jpg

After the luncheon, we went to City Creek Center so I could find a swimsuit and somehow the boys worked their Daddy and got a toy at the Disney store.

 photo Before21_zpsd0526afd.jpg

That night was the reception in Bountiful. It was at the same place where Sam's sister Anna had her reception that Sam took me to for our third date. Special memories.

 photo Before22_zps327f81ba.jpg

 photo Before23_zps8e59628e.jpg
Seth and Declan, Edison

 photo Before24_zps4f451535.jpg
Reunited! Sam, Luke, Anna, and Declan

The bouquet was thrown and when the people cleared, the boys jumped in to collect some rose petals.

 photo Before25_zps25018600.jpg

 photo Before26_zpsdca45497.jpg

On Sunday, we went to church and their ward has sacrament meeting last. The kids were the worst ever. Then after church someone came up to me and said hi and I turned around and it was Jody Stone! We were friends in Ithaca and I haven't seen her since we left. She lives in South Jordan now. It was so nice to see her and chat for a few minutes.

 photo Before27_zpsfc4979b9.jpg

Edison needed a nap after church.

 photo Before28_zps97d96f03.jpg

We ate dinner outside and there was a no jumping on the trampoline rule. That did not go well (as you can see in the background). There was nothing else for the kids to do and we sat out there for hours. It was frustrating.

 photo Before29_zps5d907581.jpg

After the kids were in bed, we played Mexican Train and stayed up maybe a tad too late.

 photo Before30_zpscd299ed0.jpg

The next morning, we went to West Jordan to get our family pictures done. When we got back, everyone got to play with their cousins.

 photo Before31_zps86010575.jpg

We ate dinner outside again then had a family photoshoot.

 photo Before32_zpsbfaa88f8.jpg

 photo Before33_zpsba95d9c7.jpg

 photo Before34_zpsdfcebebe.jpg

 photo Before35_zpsfc66d578.jpg

Sam jumped on the trampoline with the kids for a long time. He wants to be the favorite uncle and he has to work hard to win over the Ohio nieces and nephews. I think he and Luke became good friends though.

 photo Before36_zps3894cf76.jpg

 We stayed up late again that night grocery shopping and repacking to get ready for the reunion the next day.

1 comment:

Carissa and Tanner said...

I liked her wedding colors. Pretty.

Blog Archive