9.03.2014

First Day of School

I am so excited for Alex. He is attending an amazing preschool and I have no doubts that he will make huge strides this year. He missed the North Dakota cutoff for kindergarten by one day. At first I was annoyed but it ended up being for the best. Kindergarten here is full day and that is way too long for my five-year-old! He goes to school four days a week for two-and-a-half hours each time. Alex is an incredible kid and it is hard to send him somewhere else for a few hours but I love hearing his excitement for school and coordinating his learning at home with his learning at school. He's growing up so fast!

 photo FirstDay1_zpscfddeff1.jpg

 photo FirstDay2_zps82934644.jpg

 photo FirstDay3_zpsb5850eed.jpg

 photo FirstDay4_zps252a0ccb.jpg

After his first day, he tried bringing home some goldfish crackers they had as a snack because he wanted to share them with me. He was so excited to give them to me and he reached his hand into his pocket and said, "Uh. Crumbles."

 photo FirstDay5_zpsf00b618d.jpg

Alex's teacher said, "Alex is doing really well. He is very bright." I knew that already but it is nice to hear from someone else.

No comments:

Blog Archive