11.01.2016

Aftermath

I have decided to participate in NaBloPoMo again in an attempt to get back into the blogging groove. I am so painfully far behind (fitting, as I am the same way in the rest of my life). So here we go, November.


I am so happy Halloween is over. I was always behind on something and I felt like our house could never be clean. There was constantly Halloween junk laying around. I let the boys eat as much candy as they wanted last night in hopes that they would listen to their bodies and stop eventually. They stopped when they fell asleep around 10:30pm. Now that I am thinking about it, I did not remind them to brush their teeth. It really was not too much candy, maybe 8-15 pieces each. Alex was definitely on the higher end of that range. Edison does not have much of a sweet tooth. He sees things and thinks he wants them but once he starts eating them, he changes his mind. Alex, on the other hand, has a mouth full of sweet teeth.

Tonight I gave each of the boys a quart sized bag. They put whatever they wanted (and could fit) into their bags and the rest is going to kids in Guatemala. That is, if I can pry it out of Sam's cold, dead hands. Minutes ago he walked into the room with a bulge of candy scooped in his shirt. He claims he is going to put it in the kitchen at work. That's a new one; usually he refers to his stomach as his "belly" not "kitchen."

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I need to be better at policing the Halloween candy consumption...though I just let them eat whatever, whenever and it never all gets eaten.

Blog Archive