11.29.2016

You

Today was a doozy. I was gone from home 8:30am-7:45pm. It involved teaching PiYo, a total of three hours at the pediatrician during three separate trips because of Mei's clogged tear duct and Declan's infected bug bite on his toe, two visiting teaching appointments, a park play date, and then out to dinner to Adam's favorite restaurant because I never made it to the grocery store and I cannot force people to eat straight turkey again. At some point during the day, I noticed it hurt to swallow. Sam was sick on Thanksgiving with a sore throat/body aches/fever. As soon as we got home, I got in the shower and then into the tub. I haven't taken a bath in more than a year. I am not a bath person. I got back into the shower again at the end. It feels like someone is stabbing me in the throat every time I swallow and I can hardly talk now. This is the worst sore throat I can remember ever having.

It is so easy for me to think if I were more like "you" then this wouldn't be happening. Maybe Mei's tear duct looks like this because I didn't clean it well enough. So-and-so wouldn't let their kid play outside without shoes and then get bug bites that turn into giant messes. Declan has had this happen before when he was 14 months old. It feels very true that when it rains it pours. A few weeks ago I was feeling on top of the world. Then I started getting sleep deprived. I did not have my usual down time at any point during the day. I pushed myself when I should have rested. I know I have a weaker immune system while I am breastfeeding and Sam was sick so I should have expected this. I am so worried Mei will get it but I cannot really keep my distance from her. I know this will not last forever but wow, today was rough.

The only picture I took the entire day. Lame.

1 comment:

Geevz said...

I think this picture is really cool! Laaaaame being sick. Moms should never have to be sick.

Blog Archive