2.18.2012

Drink

Tonight was our Stake Women's Conference. The theme was President Uchtdorf's Forget Me Not talk. The three classes I chose to go to were Forget Not to be Happy Now, Forget Not to be Patient with Yourself, and Forget Not That the Lord Loves You.

This conference came at the perfect time for me and was exactly what I needed to hear. It wasn't even the topic of any of the classes, but I feel like I need to do more service. I am so concerned with the presentation of the service, and I need to be more concerned with the action. Having service rejected would feel better than finding out I didn't serve someone who needed it.

I mostly drink water now. So that doesn't make for a very exciting picture. But dinner and dessert were both delicious. Dinner was catered by Olive Garden and for dessert I had chocolate toffee cake. Amazing.

Photobucket

Also, Sam is amazing. A few days ago, we dragged this dresser home from someone's garbage pile. It was a little broken and I was worried that it would sit on our to-do list for weeks. Sam sent me this picture while I was at Women's Conference! He did it all himself! He went to Home Depot, bought the wood pieces to replace the broken ones, painted them black to match, and screwed everything together. None of our furniture in our room matches, but it was all free, so that's cool. I am really impressed by Sam!

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive