I only have eight entries for my 100th Post contest! Which is pathetic. Just guess already!
1/2 yellow box cake, prepared according to directions and cooled
1 large box (6 oz.) raspberry jello, prepared according to package directions
6 c. frozen raspberries
2 bananas, sliced
vanilla pudding (recipe below)
1 c. whipping cream + 2 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch
2 1/2 c. milk
1/2 tsp. salt
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy-bottom saucepan.
2. Add the milk and cook on medium-low heat until thick. (be patient!)
3. When mixture is thickened, add part of mixture to egg yolks; mix well. (It is important to temper the eggs so you don't end up with scrambled eggs.)
4. Pour egg mixture back into mixture in saucepan.
5. Cook until thick; take off stove, add butter and vanilla.
1. Crumble 1/2 of the cake into large glass serving bowl.
2. Over the cake, ladle 1/2 of defrosted fruit, one sliced banana, 1/2 of the still warm pudding, and 1/2 of the jello. Repeat layers once more, ending with jello.
3. Set in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Top with sweetened whipped cream before serving.
This could be much easier too! Instead of using a box of yellow cake, buy premade angel food cake. You can also buy pudding if you are really short on time!
- ► 2016 (42)
- ► 2015 (74)
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (180)
- ► 2012 (188)
- ► 2011 (204)
- ► 2010 (200)
- ▼ February (11)