12.27.2012

80th Birthdays

Both my Papa and Gramma celebrated their 80th birthdays this year. They also celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary. We all wanted to join in the party, so we had a progressive dinner. I flew into town with the boys, had a few minutes at my parents' house to change clothes, and then we headed to Phoenix for the party. I had never participated in a progressive dinner before. Basically I have no self-control and ate too much at each place. It was bad. But the party was good! We took a family picture but it wasn't on my camera and I don't have a copy of it yet.

Papa's sister, Lyn, was in town from Maryland.

Photobucket

David and Stuart played a pipe piano that Stuart had made. I had never seen one before and it was really cool. The main entree during the progressive dinner was tatties and mince. Another reason why being Scottish is awesome. I put together a plate of food for both boys and myself but then they played outside the whole time we were at the second house so I ate both of their plates in addition to mine. I felt a little sick after that.

Photobucket

My Papa had to make his punch when we got to his house. I wish I could drink this stuff all day, every day.

Photobucket

My dad's cousin, Jai, and his family were also in town from Maryland. Jai is Lyn's son. It has been a long time since I've seen them so it was nice to visit and meet their three kids.

Photobucket

Papa and Gramma are so cute. They make me crack up.

Photobucket

Edison loved the cake. That was about the only thing he ate all day. I guess a belly full of candy, chips, and cake means it is a successful party!

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Archive