Tuesday Thyme: Mixed Green Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
Mixed Green Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
1 lb. 7 oz. mixed greens (such as romaine, Bibb, Boston, red leaf, or green leaf)
1 c. Blue Cheese Dressing (see recipe below)
1. Rinse, trim, and dry the greens and tear or cut into bite-size pieces. Mix the greens and keep them well chilled until ready for service. Place the lettuce in a mixing bowl.
2. Add garnish ingredients to the lettuce.
3. Just before serving, add dressing to lightly coat the leaves. Toss the salad gently to coat it evenly. Mound the lettuces on chilled salad plates and garnish as desired.
15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1/4 c. red onion, fine julienne
1/4 c. radish, fine julienne
2 ribs celery, sliced crosswise
Blue Cheese Dressing
makes 1 cup
2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sour cream
2 T. buttermilk
1 T. milk
3/4 t. lemon juice, plus more as needed
1 1/2 t. pureed onions
1/2 t. garlic paste
1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. ground black pepper
1. Combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, milk, lemon juice onions, and garlic. Mix to a smooth consistency.
2. Adjust the seasoning with lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until service.
- ► 2017 (10)
- ► 2016 (42)
- ► 2015 (74)
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (180)
- ► 2012 (188)
- ► 2011 (204)
- ► 2010 (200)
- Pregnancy Letter #3
- Pregnancy Letter #2
- Pregnancy Letter #1
- Being a girl...
- What goes down must come... up?
- Tuesday Thyme: Banana Bread
- Tuesday Thyme: Angel Food Cake
- Matthew and Laura
- Tuesday Thyme: Mixed Green Salad with Blue Cheese ...
- Sam is a rockstar!
- Mesa Baby Shower
- Makenzie's Wedding
- One Year!
- I swallowed a watermelon seed
- ▼ May (15)