I sometimes feel like I am a bad mom. I have thought back over the past nine months and I have compiled my Top Five Bad Mom Moments.
1. When Alex was three weeks old, my brother got married. It was a pretty warm day in Sacramento and after we came out of the temple, we put him right in his carseat -- which had been facing the sun. He was screaming.
2. When Alex was about a month old, a woman in our ward asked me his name and I could not remember it. About a week later, she asked me to remind her of his name and I forgot it again.
3. He has fallen off the bed five times now. We could ask, "When will he learn?" but I think the more appropriate question is, "When will we learn?"
4. We often give him paper to play with. It seemed like a good idea, until we could read the writing on the paper in his diaper.
5. There have been multiple occasions where I have not dressed him warmly enough. One example is when we went to Skaneateles in December where the temperature was in the low 30s.
Luckily there are moments where I can see Alex growing, learning, and developing and they make me forgive myself a little for all of the bad decisions.