Utah, but not the wedding

I loaded up the car and headed out right after picking up Alex from school. We drove to Columbus, Montana and then got a really good night of sleep. It was hard to get everyone into the hotel without Sam but I packed an overnight bag so that helped. Sam was staying in Williston for a few more days of work before flying to Utah.

 photo FlannelShelbey3_zps3949d862.jpg

We got up early the next day and kept driving. I had to stop a few times to make myself wake up.

 photo FlannelShelbey4_zps81871a6a.jpg

We got to Michelle's house in South Jordan at 5:30pm. We ate dinner and Alex was not a fan of the meatballs. While sitting at the dinner table, he threw up. My kids throw up at Michelle's house more than they do at my own. It felt like a repeat of Thanksgiving and I felt horrible.

 photo FlannelShelbey5_zps0eca6601.jpg

Alex was feeling better the next day so we went to church. He fell asleep and I took Declan out to nurse him. Declan threw up all over me in the mothers' lounge.

 photo FlannelShelbey6_zps1ab57653.jpg

We went home right in the middle of sacrament meeting. It was a pretty awkward exit as Michelle and I tried to carry a sleeping kid, a sick kid, two other kids, plus all of our stuff. We got home and the older boys played while Declan slept.

 photo FlannelShelbey7_zps1251d0f7.jpg

That night, some family members came over for dinner. It was delicious.

 photo FlannelShelbey8_zps27c68786.jpg
Grandpa & Grandma Hilton, Jared, Shelbey, Flannel, Sheldon, Michelle

We were at the table visiting for a long time and the boys went downstairs to play in the basement. Then Edison came up crying. And bleeding. Michelle has a trampoline in her basement. The basement floor is concrete. Edison decided to walk around the outside of the net. Keaton was jumping on the trampoline, bumped into Edison, and Edison fell onto a Lego on the concrete floor. I was debating whether or not to take him to InstaCare. It stopped bleeding and I wasn't sure he needed to go. I finally decided to take him in because the hole was pretty deep. While putting on Edison's shoes, Declan climbed up on me and vomited in my lap. I started crying. It seemed too much and I really wished Sam had come with us to Utah. Edison ended up needing two staples. $280.

 photo FlannelShelbey10_zpsdd35177a.jpg

On Monday, Declan was throwing up everything. I was really hoping the other boys wouldn't catch it.

 photo FlannelShelbey11_zps9457278f.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey12_zpse73f5eb9.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey13_zps3a0de4b6.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey14_zps6478bd33.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey15_zpsc273668a.jpg

We talked to Daddy because we missed him so much.

 photo FlannelShelbey19_zps022932e9.jpg

Michelle took Alex, Keaton, and Edison to the Grizzlies game while I stayed home and let Declan and Everett take naps. Once they woke up, we drove to the Maverik Center and watched Michelle play on the Grizzlies' ice in her hockey league. It was funny to sit next to Sheldon, a Canadian and avid hockey player, as he watched his wife play hockey. We all had a good time.

 photo FlannelShelbey16_zpsd07c1d1a.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey17_zps1a857793.jpg

That night, Sheldon gave Michelle some tips on offense/defense positioning.

 photo FlannelShelbey18_zps9de9ac3c.jpg

On Tuesday morning, we headed to Michelle's playgroup.

 photo FlannelShelbey20_zpsdc253b71.jpg

In the afternoon, I took Declan to the doctor because I thought he had an underlying ear infection. He had nothing and, of course, would not throw up in front of the doctor so we got sent home feeling like crazies.

Michelle and Sheldon are cub scout den leaders so I helped her get placemats ready for her scouts to decorate.

 photo FlannelShelbey21_zps053bcf3f.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey22_zpsed2ccd0e.jpg

On Wednesday, Declan was still sick. He threw up every time I tried to breastfeed him. He had been on Pedialyte for two days and still wasn't keeping anything down.

 photo FlannelShelbey23_zps7293c9d5.jpg

Alex went to Joy School with Keaton in the morning and then in the afternoon we went to the airport to pick up Sam. Hallelujah!

 photo FlannelShelbey24_zps4b1e1164.jpg

We left the five boys with two babysitters and drove to Provo to go to an endowment session for Shelbey's live endowment. We barely made it in time and I am so glad we did. Declan didn't throw up at all while the babysitters had him but I was really worried about leaving him.

 photo FlannelShelbey25_zps3d475fb4.jpg

 On Thursday, Michelle and I chatted and cleaned while the cousins played.

 photo FlannelShelbey26_zpsb0181d56.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey27_zpsca7fee05.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey28_zps241fb40f.jpg

Michelle and I went grocery shopping and Sam took the kids to play at the park.

 photo FlannelShelbey29_zpsad12aede.jpg

The kids were totally wiped out every night from playing so hard every day.

 photo FlannelShelbey30_zps72b92e2b.jpg

Matthew, Laura, and Makenna pulled into town and we hung out while I wrapped the wedding gift for Flannel and Shelbey. I was pretty proud of myself because it was a giant box.

 photo FlannelShelbey31_zpsa71ac1fb.jpg

Friday was the wedding day but I will give that day its own post so it doesn't get blended into the vomitousness of this post.

On Saturday, Michelle and I took Declan and went to about 20 stores trying to find blue jeans that fit me. It was an unsuccessful trip. My body is lame. We gave up and went to Dawn's bridal shower. Dawn is marrying my cousin Dallin in May.

 photo FlannelShelbey59_zps762fb03a.jpg

The shower was at The Mesa, the house my parents own next to BYU, where I lived for my first two years of college. It was fun to be back in the house again.

 photo FlannelShelbey60_zpsf8c3b265.jpg

Dawn is a total sweetheart and I am excited for Dallin and Dawn's life together. I am sad we won't be able to make it to the wedding in St. George.

 photo FlannelShelbey61_zpsd871ee23.jpg

 Declan was a grump throughout the shower. I was way worn out from comforting him endlessly and I think he could tell.

 photo FlannelShelbey62_zps36dca47f.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey63_zps6d0029f5.jpg

It was mostly Dallin's side of the family at the shower and most of us had not met Dawn before. We all became fans of her though.

 photo FlannelShelbey64_zps0f2d4d56.jpg
Justine, Declan, Michelle, Alyssa, Dawn, Sarah, Laura, Makenna, Brooke, Emily
Diana, Amber, Courtney, Bryant, Denae, Mariah Christina

 photo FlannelShelbey65_zpsdae427b7.jpg
Aunt Kirstan, Aunt Natalie, Madre, Dawn, Aunt LaRae, Aunt Nanette, Grandma Hilton

While we were at the bridal shower, Sam had taken Alex and Edison up to Layton to see his parents.

 photo FlannelShelbey72_zps90d7f98f.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey73_zps45cd3463.jpg

That night, we all headed over to Grandpa and Grandma Hilton's for leftover wedding food and extra visit time.

 photo FlannelShelbey66_zpscc970b83.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey68_zps17ff005e.jpg

Makenna and Alex became really close cousins.

 photo FlannelShelbey69_zpsa18e44ad.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey70_zps152ad5aa.jpg
Is that Makenna's tongue or Alex's? Gross either way.

I am trying to be better about getting pictures with grandparents. I love these two.

 photo FlannelShelbey71_zps27627bd7.jpg

 photo FlannelShelbey67_zps69066cfb.jpg

On our way back to South Jordan, we stopped at the InstaCare and got Edison's staples removed. It was pretty horrible and he cried. They came out worse than they went in.

 photo FlannelShelbey74_zpsbd67397c.jpg

Early Sunday morning, we started the drive home. Declan had a blazing fever but didn't vomit again. He saves that stuff for Michelle only. We got back to Williston at 1:30am and tried recovering from the doozy of a "vacation" we had just survived.

 photo FlannelShelbey75_zps45c0b2c2.jpg

1 comment:

Olivia said...

I still don't know how you survived this trip!

Blog Archive