Sam has this strange song on his iPod by Afroman. He sings a bunch of things he was going to do but then says he didn't end up doing them because he got high. That's kind of how I feel about blogging. Except the getting high part; more like I felt like I had better things to do like sit out in the grass and watch Alex run around. I have about twelve update posts I need to do but I will go in chronological order.
So the first thing is to look back on the summer and assess how we did with our goals.
1. Attend the temple - check.
2. Visit Jason - check.
3. Visit Libby - check.
4. Hershey Park - check.
5. Register Sam's car - check.
6. Paint Alex's dresser, crib, and changing table - eeeeehhh, so I painted his dresser and our end table but then the dresser got really messed up in the move back to Ithaca and so I need to give it some touching up.
7. Make a food storage plan - check.
8. Passports - check.
9. Lehigh Valley Zoo - check.
10. Philadelphia Zoo - check.
11. Iron Pigs games - check. We ended up only going to one. Although Sam was offered free tickets to plenty of games, we always had other things going on.
12. Phillies vs. D-Backs game - check.
13. Camping in the Poconos - check.
14. Buy a car (and sell my car) - no check. We decided to wait until next summer to buy a new car and just use one car through the next year. But we weren't able to sell my car. We are still trying.
15. Hill Cumorah Pageant - check.
16. Learn how to use my camera - no check. Not even close. But I'm getting better.
17. Go to Sonic - check.
18. Scrapbook - check.
19. Sew a carseat blanket cover - Nope. I will do this when we have another baby, I guess.
20. Read lots of books - half check. I completed Mockingjay, The Host, 44 Scotland Street, The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, and Ender's Game. I did not complete Atlas Shrugged, The Jungle, Mere Christianity (currently reading), The Screwtape Letters, These is My Words, Book of a Thousand Days, or Goose Girl.
21. Crayola Factory - We went to the Crayola Store so I am counting this as complete. Check.
22. Berry picking - check.
23. Dorney Park - check.
24. Easton Farmers' Market - check.
25. Allentown Art Museum - Nope. We didn't even try. We are sad we didn't go to the Philadelphia Museum of Art though.
26. Crystal Cave - check.
27. Miniature golf - check.
28. DaVinci Science Center - check.
29. Grille 3501 - We decided it was too fancy and expensive so we didn't go. No check.
30. Muhlenberg College - check.
31. Golfing - no check. Sam is very sad about this.
32. Jim's Steaks - double check.
33. Dry clean bedspread - check.
34. Cut hair - no check. For now.
- ► 2016 (42)
- ► 2015 (74)
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (180)
- ► 2012 (188)
- ► 2011 (204)
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2009 (140)