10.15.2012

Cheese Makers and Brewers

Wisconsin is known for its cheese. We went to a cheese factory to get a tour. It was just us and two families of homeschoolers on the tour. The tour consisted of watching a movie about the making of cheese and then having samples. The samples were delicious. The boys only wanted to eat the crackers but that left more cheese for me. I bought a cheese spread that didn't have to be refrigerated and it's probably good we don't live closer because I would only eat cheese.

Photobucket

The kids hated the hair nets. They are so concerned about their looks all the time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We left the cheese factory and went on an auto tour (basically we just drove around for a few minutes) of Horicon Marsh. It is "one of the largest freshwater marshes in the United States." We saw some cool birds and lots of marshiness.

Photobucket

After naps, we went to Brennan's. It is a little market that has samples of many of the fruits, cheeses, crackers, and meats that they are selling. It was awesome to try so many things and the boys loved it. There were weird fruits that I wouldn't normally buy but because I could try them and know they were delicious, I would be much more likely to buy them. I think all grocery stores should establish this practice.

Photobucket

In the same parking lot as Brennan's was Kopp's. Even though we had just gone the day before, we had to go again. The flavor of the day was red raspberry and I am crazy about fruit in my desserts. It was amazing.

Photobucket

Edison and Abby didn't really get along. Abby was terrified of him and rightfully so. Edison would hit her on the head with toys. She had a few bumps on the top of her head. Hopefully no brain damage. Alex helped comfort her though.

Photobucket

Nathan stayed home with Abby so the moms and boys could go to a baseball game.

Photobucket

We bought tickets from a scalper. It was pretty funny because we were both really nervous that they wouldn't work. But we got in and were able to enjoy the game.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hate leaving games early, but the boys were getting so tired and we had a long walk back to our car. The game was probably over by the time we found our car though. We walked out on the wrong sidewalk and ended up far away from the parking lot where the car was. We had to walk along a super dark pathway to cut over to the parking lot. I was really glad I had pepper spray and I am also really glad I didn't have to use it.

No comments:

Blog Archive