1.13.2009

Tuesday Thyme: German Pancakes

German Pancakes
6 eggs, beaten
1 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. milk
3 Tbsp. margarine
powdered sugar and maple syrup

1. Put margarine in a 9" x 13" baking pan (preferably glass). Place in cold oven and turn heat to 450 degrees. The margarine will melt as the oven preheats.
2. Beat eggs, then add flour, salt, and milk. Beat until combined (do not overmix or the pancake may not puff).
3. Pull out oven rack and pour batter directly into the hot pan.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes, until deep golden brown.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve immediately with maple syrup.

I didn't take a picture when I made it so this is pulled off the internet but it looked kind of like this when I made it.

7 comments:

Tyler, Thais said...

What!!?? Another recipe!

I want juicy post with pictures from the trip!!!

Anonymous said...

those look sooo good and I'm gonna try it! also, go to theorganizedchef.blogspot.com for some more great recipes. if you're interested

Jason & Shannon said...

Oh goodness that looks good!!!

Holly Janeen said...

favorite breakfast ever.
EVER.
sometimes i eat it with squeezed lemon juice on top...

thanks for the recipe... hope mine turns out as good :)

The Macks said...

Yep we are totally married! ha ha. I love these pancakes by the way. My mom makes them and they are great. Must try recipe.

The Macks said...

Yep we are totally married! ha ha. I love these pancakes by the way. My mom makes them and they are great. Must try recipe.

Nathan and Hailey Frogley said...

I've been wanting a German pancake recipe. We made it this morning and it was delish!:)

Blog Archive