Tuesday Thyme: Turkey Breast Florentine
Turkey Breast Florentine
1 1/2 lb. turkey breast portion
3 slices bacon
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 T. all-purpose flour
1/4 t. dried tarragon, crushed
3/4 c. milk
1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
1/2 of a 2.5 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
Butter or margarine, melted
3 T. shredded American cheese
1. Place turkey in a gallon-sized freezer zip-lock bag. Using a meat mallet, pound to 1/2 inch thickness. Turkey should measure about 11x8 inches.
2. Cut up the bacon. Cook cut-up bacon just till done; drain, reserving drippings.
3. To make sauce, cook onion in drippings till tender. Blend in flour, tarragon, and a dash pepper. Add milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
4. Combine 1/2 c. sauce, cooked bacon, spinach, and mushrooms.
5. Cover and chill remaining sauce. Top flattened turkey breast with spinach mixture. Roll up. Secure with string. Place on rack in baking pan. Brush turkey with butter. Bake, loosely covered with foil, in a 350 degree oven for a total of 1 1/2 hours. Uncover; remove string. 30 minutes before done time, lay remaining bacon slices over turkey. Bake 30 minutes or until internal temperature in 1800 degrees.
6. Meanwhile, stir cheese into remaining sauce; heat through. Serve sauce with turkey.
- ► 2016 (42)
- ► 2015 (74)
- ► 2014 (132)
- ► 2013 (180)
- ► 2012 (188)
- ► 2011 (204)
- ► 2010 (200)
- "Married, pregnant, graduating from college, and s...
- Tuesday Thyme: Poppy Seed Pastry
- Goodbye, Utah
- Tuesday Thyme: Roasted Potatoes
- Provo Baby Shower
- You're in big trouble, mister!
- Summer Plans
- Half Marathon
- Tuesday Thyme: Turkey Breast Florentine
- Tuesday Thyme: Chocolate Fans
- PowerPoint 101
- ▼ April (12)