6.21.2009

Padre

I have the perfect dad for me.

My dad laughs at my attempts at Spanish. He served his mission in Spain. I really only know two phrases. One of those is "es el fin del mundo." Useful, I know.


Looking back on my experiences with my dad, I can't even believe how much he taught me.

He taught me how to work hard and to be proud of my work. And proud of myself.
He taught me to recognize the good others do.
He taught me to save my money.
He taught me that lawns should not been mowed in pretty patterns because it just makes the job even harder.
He taught me that there are at least a few competent people out there.
He taught me that even adults have close friends.
He taught me that men cry too.
He taught me that love is an action.
He taught me that you have to love your family, even if they are insane.
He taught me the importance of preparation.
He taught me that sometimes I shouldn't laugh quite so loud as other times.
He taught me how a father should treat a mother.
He taught me the necessity of keeping promises.
He taught me how to trust.

My dad has worked so hard my entire life. We were able to go on so many vacations as a family and I have many memories of our road trips.


I am glad I have been able to reflect on all Dad did just for me. I have gone so long without appreciating it. I am not sure if I will ever fully understand though.
Happy Father's Day, Dad! I love you!
Es el fin del mundo!

No comments:

Blog Archive