10.08.2011

Schlitterbahn

A few weeks ago we went to a water park near San Antonio called Schlitterbahn. Two young kids at a water park sounded like an exhausting day. It ended up being so much better than I expected and we all had tons of fun!

Photobucket

When we first got there, we were loading up the stroller and a bee landed on Edison's leg. He didn't move and the bee just flew off. I was so nervous that our day was going to be over before it started so I am really glad that he wasn't stung.

Photobucket

We got in line for our first ride which I thought was a lazy river; I was wrong. It was actually a white water rapids ride. They told me that Edison was too young so I got out of line and Alex and Sam went together. They do not allow the kids to ride on laps so Alex had to have his own tube (the tube has a base for the kids though). They let Sam and Alex go down together so their tubes were touching. Sam says that Alex was terrified. He was crying and shaking his head but if Sam held his hand then he would smile. I think he loved it. He is such an adrenaline junky. If we had taken him on it again, I bet he would have been so happy.

Photobucket

Because it was a SLB activity, All-You-Can-Eat lunch was included with our admission. Lunch was delicious and we definitely ate all we could. Alex only wanted to eat the grapes I brought though. His cheeks were so full! Since we're speaking of eating... Breastfeeding in a swimming suit it so easy!

Photobucket

Edison decided that a water park was a great place to take a three hour nap and Sam needed a little nap as well. Alex and I had lots of fun running around together.

Photobucket

I was sitting on the edge of a kid area while Alex was playing. Lifeguards were walking around slowly and looking into the water. They stopped, pointed in the water, looked at me, and started laughing. Then they walked away. I looked at what they were pointing at and it was poop! Finally they started clearing people from the pool! I was sitting five feet from the poop and they didn't even say anything to me. (It was not Alex's poop, I checked.)

Photobucket

Alex circled around on this slide for over an hour. It was so funny because when he hit the water, his legs would be pushed into the splits. After a while, going down feet first wasn't good enough.

Photobucket

Alex and I both got rashes on our upper thighs. So painful! But I put Desitin on the rashes (that's right, both of ours). I hope SLB does this activity again next year because it will be even better once Edison can enjoy it more, too! Alex had granny feet, but my toes were torn up on the bottom. Next time I should wear sandals.

Photobucket

We got on the shuttle to go back to our car, looked over at Alex, and he was sound asleep in Sam's arms. When we got back to the car, we took off him swimming suit and got him dressed. He slept through the entire thing! It is those times that I remember that he really is just a kid. I have three of the best boys in the world!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Paxton said...

Haha, I love Alex's granny feet! So cute!
Jordan got to go to schlitterbahn with pinnacle too, he had a blast... Except for losing his ring in the dirty river part! Now we call once a week to see if they've found it... Apparently a surprising number of people lose their wedding rings because they find a bunch every week!


I love how much swimming puts kids to sleep too!

Geevz said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I love when Jae is completely passed out. But she wakes up so easily I could never change her clothes through it.

The Harker's said...

A while back I saw a show about amazing water parks and that water park (I will not even attempt at spelling it:) was one of them. I have always thought it would be fun to go, although I have no idea why cuz the thought of running around in my swimsuit all day sound like a nightmare I may have had recently...:) I love it when kids get worn out and tried from having fun all day:)

Blog Archive