12.12.2008

I will fight you.

You have probably noticed by now that I am pro at putting my foot in my mouth and offending people. Partly because I don't have a filter system for the things I say, partly because I like causing conflict, and partly because I like making people realize that they are not always right and need to step out of their perfect little world. I have a story that perfectly demonstrates this. I will tell you now.

So I was sitting in the library working on a class project with my group. Their names are Jenna, Shane, and Daniel. I have had quite a few classes with Shane and I knew the girl he was starting to date so I asked him if he kissed her and he said "yes." I was so excited for them.

Jenna was surprised that they had gone on multiple dates and had waited so long to kiss. She started talking about how she will kiss guys on the first date.

I jokingly said, "What are you? A whore?"

*SLAP*

I said, "Did you just slap me." (Not a question. I was in shock.)

She said, "You slapped me verbally."

Jenna started crying a little and explained how her ex-boyfriend used to call her a whore all the time.

Daniel and Shane just laughed. For about five minutes. Really loud. In the middle of the library.

I would like to add that Jenna and I now laugh about this and we have become great friends. We actually switched our schedules the semester after this happened so that we could have a class together. This still baffles Sam to this day. If we see each other on campus, we hug. No matter what.

And I know I deserved it. I just never expected it to really happen.

The end.

8 comments:

Casey said...

Haha, I can't believe that happened.

Casey said...

Yeah man, way scary. I don't know what I'd do if someone slapped me. I'd be SO shocked.

Casey said...

Hmmm, I hope not. ;)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

...because I like causing conflict...

I think the problem is right there.

Holly Janeen said...

wow. seriously, slapped?
i am glad to know you can still be friends... and not just "kinda friends" like... 'switch your schedules to be together friends'!

i love how you have just a pinch of sassy-ness... its awesome :)

ndjsa;vjd said...

Yay for lacking filters!

I think you and I have that in common...

But, I really think that everyone needs at least one friend who they can call who will tell them the stark honest truth because everyone needs a little perspective sometimes.

Remind me to tell you how my lack of a filter caused drama--not a literal slap, just a metaphorical one--between me and little rachell when we meet over break!

Love you Em!

Anonymous said...

I've never been slapped, nor have I ever slapped anyone. But I've always kind of wanted to. It seems so...dramatic.

Seth and Brittney said...

I echo the above comment... you are in an elite group now. Props to the chick who actually slapped you. And I secretly wonder what the other bystanders in the library were thinking...

Blog Archive