12.01.2008

Run, Run, Dead

Two and a half weeks ago I registered for a 5K. Dumb? Yes. Sam's family is full of runners. Sam has done two marathons, his dad has done six-ish, his sister has done three, and I have done zero. I don't run.
On the way to the race.

At the starting line.

The run was on Saturday. It was a Santa Run so they gave us (more like we bought) a hat, shirt, and beard. I wore them while I walked. That's right. Walked. Sam stayed with me. We probably ran about a mile throughout the 5K but that was twenty seconds at a time. All of my saliva started tasting like blood and it was freezing! It was pretty miserable. I deserved it though. I should have trained. Or warmed up. Or something.
After we finished.

On our way to dinner.

The fam-damily.

Cute family (Grace, Anna, and Spencer)

3 comments:

Tyler, Thais said...

Why oh WHY! would you ever do that to yourself!???

Randi said...

That is cool that you signed up for one. At least you finished. I love that you are wearing a Santa hat and beard... hahaha.. that is fantastic.

Holly Janeen said...

well that looks like a stinkin cool thing to do! some people have ALL the fun in the world...

Blog Archive