Spices everywhere and recipes are asking you to go buy more? Don't do it! Buy the basic spices and then make the blends yourself! It is really easy to find out what goes into them - just look it up online!
Mrs. Dash = onion, black pepper, parsley, celery seed, basil, bay leaf, marjoram, oregano, savory, thyme, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, mustard seed, rosemary, garlic, carrot, orange peel, tomato, and lemon juice.
You probably have most of these in your spice rack. I made Mrs. Dash myself and it tasted great! I just saved eight dollars.
Steamed Carrots with Snow Peas
1 lb. (.45 kg) carrots
½ lb (.23 kg) snow peas
1-2 cloves garlic
1 tsp. dry dill weed
1 Tbsp. butter
Sprinkle of dill weed
Mrs. Dash seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1.Peel the carrots and slice into ¼”-thick rounds.
2. Break off the ends of the peas; remove any strings; wash.
3. Place the garlic and dried dill weed in the flavor center of the steamer.
4. Spread the carrots in the steaming bowl. Cover.
5. Steam carrots for 12 minutes before adding the snow peas. Add snow peas.
6. Allow the vegetables to finish cooking for 9-10 additional minutes; stir.
7. Remove the steaming bowl and place it in your sink. Drizzle the melted butter over the vegetables, allowing the butter to drain into the sink. Place the vegetables in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the dill weed and the Mrs. Dash.
8. Yields about 4 ½ cups of vegetables.