8.06.2010

An awkward situation.

I think I am starting to feel old. I have been reflecting a lot on my "younger" days. I never knew Sam during his younger days (duck and cover!) but I like to think of our days together as a new couple. We have a few stories we like to tell from when we first started dating but this is definitely one of our favorites.

Sam and I met in our BYU singles ward when I was 17 and he was 25. At the end of my first semester (so I was 18 by then), he asked me on a date. A few days after our first date, he was over at my house along with a few friends from our ward. Sam walked by and for some reason I was startled because I jumped back. A boy who had heard Sam had taken an 18-year-old on a date but did not know it was me said, "Don't worry, Emily. Sam doesn't hit 18-year-olds, he dates them." That was an incredibly awkward moment.

That guy got teased about that comment for months. I am really glad Sam decided to date an 18-year-old, even though it was against his "rules."

1 comment:

Paxton said...

haha! you can't make rules when it comes to dating! because God just laughs at you, then throws you a curve ball ;-)
cute story!
and p.s. you will feel REALLY old when you visit an old high school friend and they call you a mom! :-P bizarre!

Blog Archive