8.21.2010

Moving

We have another move ahead of us today. That is the move back to Ithaca. We had a wonderful summer, it just went too fast. I have always somewhat enjoyed moving; it is a chance to go through everything I own, reminisce on the times we've had, and gives me a chance to recreate myself in a new area. However, moving is also very difficult. It is expensive to move. It is tiring. I have to make new friends and get accustomed to a new place.

This is the first time in our marriage that we will be moving back to a ward we have lived in before (although we will be living in a different apartment complex). I have noticed that I fall into patterns when I live somewhere. Moving helps me break those patterns. I get to become more of the person I want to be without old habits wearing me out.

My brother, Flannel, is serving a mission in Ukraine right now. He said, "We only have two kind of trials/experiences. Nice ones and helpful ones." In a different letter, he wrote, "Going to a different place and having to make new friends is truly a blessing, however hard it may be. You can always learn new things. And in the end, that's why we are here on earth. To learn and grow."

I guess I need to have a better attitude about this move and get on the road. That's what I will do. Peace and love, Allentown. See you soon, tiny city of Ithaca.

6 comments:

Paxton said...

What a valiant effort at being excited to move :-) I really do like moving too other than the expense, and making new friends :-P
Jordan and I thought we would be able to be here till Halloween, but now it looks like we may move next week! :-P Ugh!
Good luck with your move, I hope everything goes wonderfully smooth and happy for you!

p.s. i also think it's a great exercise in learning what you REALLY need and what you can go without :-)

Dawnia said...

I hope everything went well with the move. We'll miss you.

Paxton said...

Remember that post when you commented like 7 times? You are such a great friend! Thanks for commenting on my blog, it always brightens my day to see your comments!

Paxton said...

P.S. I'm packing this week to go to Nashville ;-) At least I don't have to pack up EVERYTHING we own! I don't envy you that! Good luck moving! Can't wait to see your new place!

Jake said...

Glad you decided to come back. Hope it was worth the move!! B

jonnajack said...

Thanks for the post. Helps me deal with my own changes and trials. You are so great!

Blog Archive