8.04.2010

This is how we celebrate.

We have had another very exciting weekend. We have to jam everything into the weekend since we have an early bedtime during the week.

On Friday, we went out to dinner at Boston's Pizzeria. We used to always go out to eat here for the tech dinners when we lived in Denver. It was such a fun memory to go there again.


On Saturday, we went to Dorney Park. It started out really fun but the day ended with us filing a complaint at Guest Services. There were some employees who were extremely oblivious and rude.


On Sunday, we celebrated Alex's birthday. The cake did not turn out as well as I was hoping. I had very limited decorating supplies (one decorating tip and only butter knives to spread the frosting). Something didn't seem right about trying to feed Alex good food for a year and then as soon as he turned one giving him a big fat chocolate cake so we made an apple spice cake that had no eggs or sugar in it.



He was much more timid than we were expecting. It looked like he was trying to pace himself and eat the entire thing. Only a few crumbs ended up on the ground. When we first placed the cake in front of him, he looked at us like, "Wait, can I touch it?" It was very cute.



In case you can't tell, it is a computer. I think it looked better in person. Or at least I can say that because you didn't see it in person so you wouldn't know... He looked like a smurf. But then we gave him a bath and he was so fresh and so clean!


He didn't really know what to do with the presents. In true Alex fashion, he was mostly interested in the paper. He would put it in his mouth and then pull it out and try to feed it to us. We gave him plastic golf clubs and a plastic golf "bag." Once he saw that, he wouldn't touch anything else. He is always walking around with those golf clubs in his hands.





For Family Home Evening on Monday we went to batting cages and miniature golfing. Sam ended five over par and I was 10 over par. They had tons of water fountains and they were all blue! I was kind of weird looking.


Alex ate some ice cream even though he didn't want anything to do with it on his birthday!

8 comments:

The Harker's said...

For the record, I could tell his birthday cake was a computer before you told us.:) And I would love to hear what the complaint you filed at Dorney park was...:) And Happy 1st Birthday Alex!

jonnajack said...

That cake was so cute! I cannot believe he is one year old already. I think that you have such a cute little family. I love reading about your many adventures :)

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

I LOVE it. Hahaha, I can't get over how his WHOLE face is covered in cake...love it love it love it. Happy Birthday Alex!

Katie said...

Emily,

Thank you so much for your insight. I really appreciate it. I'm excited for the day when grades won't matter, and I focus on just learning.

PS. Your baby is adorable.

Melissa said...

Can't believe Alex is 1! Looks like he had a fun birthday. And I just had to say, we went mini-golfing recently and they had blue water too. Weird.

The Johnsons said...

Those are some of the better kids covered in cake picture I have seen. It helps that he is about the cutest little boy!!

Ohhhhh the batting cages. I miss the days my dad would take my brother and I out to practice our grandslams!

Paxton said...

what an adorable little one year old! just love that guy!

Merkley Jiating said...

The complaint at Dorney Park was about the Parent Swap program they have. So one parent will wait in line while the other one waits at the exit with the baby. Once the first person gets off the ride, the other parent gets to go on immediately after without waiting in line. But we had a problem with it at almost every single ride. They told us we were waiting in the wrong place at one, they told us we couldn't take the elevator with the stroller at another, one ride they wouldn't seat Sam so he finally just walked on and they didn't even notice, and on another they would never let me on and yelled at me three times to get out of the exit area. It was so frustrating. So we complained. And I had names and everything. I was angry.

Blog Archive