3.19.2014

St. Patrick's Day

The boys get so excited about holidays. They get excited about anything that is out of the norm. Whenever I tell Alex something we are doing that day, he gets so excited and says, "Today is a special day!" It makes me want to plan more special days for them. Special days are so fun!

 photo StPatricksDay3_zps1984f9c1.jpg

I started a playgroup at our church a few months ago. The kids needed more space to run around and playing at the park was not an option in the middle of the winter. We plan to move to the park once it warms up. I planned a potluck party for St. Patrick's Day and had the kids do a craft as well.

 photo StPatricksDay1_zps3b713a26.jpg

Edison glued on the Froot Loops and then pulled them off and ate them. He didn't seem fazed by the glue.

 photo StPatricksDay2_zps04983968.jpg

I made this gift for the people I visit teach, but then I made more for a few friends. I am becoming a fan of gifting non-food gifts.

 photo StPatricksDay4_zpscbc1cf72.jpg

The sneaky leprechaun came to our house on St. Patrick's Day and made a mess. He also drew on Alex and Edison's faces! Oooh, that sneaky leprechaun!

 photo StPatricksDay5_zps48875dd2.jpg

Alex and Edison got themselves dressed. All green. I decided to let it go since it was a special day.

 photo StPatricksDay6_zps5a8aadb6.jpg

Alex took pictures of me, too. Hilarious. Where is my head and why is the kitchen chair in all of the pictures?

 photo StPatricksDay7_zps6e87f74f.jpg

We had the Short Family over for dinner that night. I visit teach Sarah and she is so sweet but we didn't know her husband at all. It was a good chance to get to know the whole family. We had a very green dinner. I made leprechaun (shepherd's) pie but accidentally added way too much food coloring to the potatoes.

 photo StPatricksDay8_zps44dac787.jpg

We had creamy coconut-lime floats for dessert.

 photo StPatricksDay9_zpsd22386a1.jpg

 photo StPatricksDay10_zps7dae625a.jpg

No comments:

Blog Archive