When I was in Arizona at the beginning of June, Sam went to New Jersey to visit his friend, Jason. One of their activities was to go to a Mets game. The picture quality is poor because I took the camera so he only had his phone.
So this is a rare in-post comment by Sam, so appreciate it. The Mets game was great and while I was there I was actually thinking about posting, crazy, eh? Anyway, the reason I was thinking about blogging was because I was going to tell everyone the beauty of baseball games. Even if you are not a fan of the game it is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon or an evening.
Here are a few reasons why:
1. It's a good chance to spend time together. Baseball games can be a little slow at times, so there's plenty of opportunity to just talk and enjoy each others company. I know how you girls love that.
2. It's a great opportunity to get all decked out in cute sports attire.
3. The picture of the hot dog may not look that appetizing, but let me describe what that thing has on it. On the bottom level closest to the brat, grilled onions and peppers, next layer--freshly cut onions, and then the reddish stuff on the top is cooked onions in a tomato sauce. Quite possibly the best stadium hot dog I've ever had. You can be a traditionalist and only do ketchup and mustard, or you can go all out.
4. Peanuts and crackerjacks.
5. Star-Spangled Banner and America the Beautiful.
6. The feeling of camaraderie as you cheer for the home team, or the playful heckling you get if you cheer for the visitors.
7. The smell of freshly cut grass.
I could go on and on, but if you have a chance to go see a game live you should, your husband will love it.