3.02.2011

Cake Decorating

I tried to take a cake decorating class over the summer in Allentown, but I was the only person to sign up for the class so they canceled it! I was really sad but hoped I would be able to take a class when we got back to Ithaca. I called the craft store here and they teach classes on Sundays! I asked if a teacher would be willing to teach us a different day if we could get five or six people to take it. Luckily, I was not the only one in the ward interested in taking a class! Five of us signed up! It was a four week class and I really enjoyed it. I learned a lot. Although it did take tons of prep time (about 2-3 hours each week), I think it was worth it. I want to take the next level classes sometime. I know my cakes don't look great, but I improved each week and I hope to make cool cakes one day. I didn't take a picture of the sugar cookies we decorated the first week, but mine were not impressive at all so it's okay. The biggest thing I learned: cake decorating cannot be rushed!

Photobucket

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! You really improved! These look amazing!

Bryan and Ellie said...

Look at the woven pattern on the side of that cake! How do you even do that? Looks great, Emily!

And I'll cry a tear for the loss of your Beetle too. I might not even tell Andrew. I don't think he'd take it well. He really liked that car. :-)

Jershelly said...

Those look great! I love the basket weave frosting detail. You are going to be a mom of 2 soon! Crazy.

The Harker's said...

Great job on all your cakes! And Man I miss all you girls! I am the sixth member who should be sitting at the table with you guys!:)

The Harker's said...

You did a great job! I miss all you girls! I am missing in the above picture.:)

Elena said...

Nice lattice :)

Blog Archive