5.01.2012

The Zoo in April

After we left Discovery Green, we drove to the zoo and we had about 45 minutes before it became free (2pm). I tried to make the boys take naps in the car but we were sitting in the parking lot and they wanted nothing to do with naps. So I unloaded them and we entered the zoo right at 2:00. I cannot believe how empty the zoo is on free days. Free! Oh well, all the better for us to spy some animals up close.

Alex loves the zoo more each time. He was adorable when we were walking up and he was looking all over for the animals.

Photobucket

Alex wanted to spend a lot of time with the meerkats this time. He got right up on the glass and tried to hug them.

Photobucket

It was a pretty warm day. I had put the boys in pants when we left to the egg hunt early that morning, but I bet they were miserable by the afternoon. Luckily the mister fans were on. The boys love water and it was a favorite break every time we came across one.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got to talk to my brother for ten minutes while he was at the airport on the way to Taiwan. He is such a great kid and I loved having another chance to talk to him before he left. This picture is when my other brother Flannel went to the MTC to say goodbye. Shortly after this, my phone died so that was the end of the pictures until we got back to the car.

Photobucket

As stated previously, naps had been skipped. Edison fell asleep while I was on the phone with Elder Jared. Then Alex fell asleep right when we got back to the car. I buckled him in, he asked for Mommy's blanket (my nursing cover), he put it on his head, and he was asleep in one minute.

Photobucket

We picked up Sam from work and then went straight to get ice cream. Alex woke up when we pulled into the parking lot. I think it was the best thing that has ever happened to him upon waking up from a nap.

Photobucket

It was a pretty long day. We were gone 7:45am-8:30am. Then we came home for an hour, and then we were gone 9:30am-6pm. Home for 20 minutes to eat dinner, then we left at 6:20pm for Sam's softball game and we got home at 8:45. Sheesh.

No comments:

Blog Archive