11.21.2008

Another victim of the economy.

Lots of people know already, but Icon Security is merging with Pinnacle Security. "Merging" is probably the worst word they could have chosen to describe what it going on. Most Icon corporate employees are losing their jobs. I am watching it happen daily. Being fired is probably the third worst feeling ever. I hope I never have to experience that.

Thankfully, I will be able to finish my internship there and not get an incomplete in my internship class for not getting all of my hours. Sam can work for any security company he wants and lots of people are trying to recruit him so we will just see how that goes.

The chance of finding a good job after graduation is really starting to worry me though. I don't think I am smart enough to get a good job, but my problem is that I think I am the bomb dot com. I feel like my personality makes up for my lack of experience? Maybe? I need to learn to be okay starting with an entry level job. That is the place to learn anyway. I don't want to be under-qualified and lost when I finally do apply for better positions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't think you're smart enough to get a good job? That's ridiculous. And it sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. The economy schmonomy. You can do it.

Britt said...

1st of all- you ARE smart enough and 2nd of all- we ARE having a mocktail party. It just won't be until January because we have too much going on in December. But, it is coming- and it will be RAD!!! :)

Camille Elise said...

OMG Emily! Jami Parker-Pitts keeps using the words "bomb.com" so that is so funny you just said that!

Geevz said...

What do you want to do? I'll keep my ears open. *p.s.* anyone who can handle your life right now is definitely smart enough to get a real job.

Blog Archive