1.16.2011

A good feeling.

The day before we left for Christmas, we went to a FreeSale (like a yard sale, except everything is free). I didn't have a chance to put away everything before we left so last night I was flipping through so books we got from the FreeSale. One of the books had an envelope inside the front cover. I opened it to find $140!

Oh how badly I would have loved to keep that money, but that is not who I am. I immediately got on the computer and searched for the email address for the woman who had the FreeSale. I emailed her and told her about the money and asked her how she would like to get it (mail, delivery, pick-up, etc.).

Today I got an email back from her. It said, "Oh Emily! You have no idea how much I need it! Thank you! I had taken it out of the bank so I could buy wood and then couldn't find it. It's been pretty chilly over here!!"

As nice as it would have been to have an extra $140, I think I needed this feeling even more. So many people have been helping us recently and I feel like I am always taking from people. It feels amazing to give something back. I made a difference in someone's life today. Thank you to everyone who has made a difference in my life.

4 comments:

Paxton said...

You are awesome! Period.

Laura said...

Emily that is so cool. :)

Geevz said...

Good for you! I'm proud of you!

Bryan and Ellie said...

What a great feeling! I'm so glad you had that opportunity! It was good to see you for a few hours the other day. :-) I'm glad you're back home safely.

Blog Archive