1.17.2011

One more semester!

Sam started school today. Twenty minutes after he got on the bus, I started looking around and thinking, "Now what?" We have been together, practically nonstop, for five weeks. It was a nice attempt at making up for all of the time I didn't see him last semester.

Alex missed Sam, too. When he woke up and saw that Sam wasn't in our room, he went into every single room looking for him. This continued through the day. This video was taken at lunch.

Photobucket
Sam's last first day of school!

4 comments:

Spencer and Anna said...

Oh, that's really sweet. I love how he says "da-da."

wendy said...

I know that feeling so well! I hate the first day of school. It always feels like the loneliest day of the year. But it will get better. I'm glad you guys made it back to Ithica! Sounds like it was a marathon trip!

Rachel said...

Hurray! Happy last semester!

Paxton said...

What a sad/cute video! What a sweetheart! Yesterday Mak was eating dinner and she just stopped and sighed, I asked her what was wrong and she said "I just miss my Daddy" I said he was coming home that night and she said "I just don't think I can go on without him!" what a dramatic little girl!
Hope it gets easier, but it's nice that there's a light at the end of the tunnel now!

Blog Archive